Updates for the Scaffold theme are noted below. To find out how to update your theme, skip to the bottom. To get news on updates, follow @scaffoldtheme on Twitter.
v2.05b, 9 January 2013
- Remove Disqus from static pages.
v2.05a, 2 November 2012
- Fix issue with Spotify audio posts where in some browsers they would not inherit the correct dimensions.
v2.05, 19 October 2012
- Fix issue with new Tumblr video lightbox, where the lightbox would appear under the main content. Fix scaling of iframes within text posts so they are constrained to a maximum of 100% wide.
v2.04, 25 May 2012
- Correct URL for Facebook Like buttons when in single column layout. Remove sharing links from Pages, as there is no permalink tag available to pass through.
v2.03e, 11 May 2012
- Update to fix Facebook Like button intermittently not appearing
v2.03e, 12 September 2011
- Remove Cufon font replacement on quotes within text. Minor bug fixes.
v2.03c, 23 March 2011
- Added fix for Cufon font replacement in IE9
v2.03b, 2 March 2011
- Added fix to reflect changes in the Twitter API
v2.03, 23 January 2011
- Added fix for Youtube to support their new embed code
v2.03, 14 September 2010
- Added styling for Source attribution
- Added Clicky analytics support
- Added new Tweet button, and renamed ‘Show Facebook Like button’ option to be ‘Show sharing links’
- Edited structure for post footers. Take note of this if you are migrating custom theme HTML from a previous version
- Small bug fixes and improvements
v2.02, 23 August 2010
- Added a fix for handling the new Vimeo embed scripts
- Added classes to side menu items so they can easily be hidden with CSS
v2, 14 June 2010
Note: A few new options were added in this release. Check the Options page for usage instructions. For a few pics, see this post.
- Added an option for a single-column layout
- Added an option to show the most recent Tumblr posts you have ‘liked’. There is also a new option to set the title that is shown for this section.
- Added the ability to manually set album art. See the Options page for details on use.
- Added an option to show a Facebook ‘Like’ button on post pages*
- Added lightboxing for images that have higher-res versions and haven’t got a click-through set
- Added an option to hide Twitter updates, for the instance when you want to send your Tumblr posts to Twitter but don’t want your Twitter feed displayed
- Added an option to use a ‘slim’ audio player, which sits across the top of a post leaving more room for text underneath
- Fixed an issue with image proportions in text posts
- Added formatting for horizontal rules and superscript
- Removed underline from linked images in text posts
- Various layout tweaks and bug fixes
*For now, this will show on all pages except the double-column view
v1.6, 20 April 2010
Note: A few new options were added in this release. Check the Options page for usage instructions.
- Added a new option to show dates on index pages
- Updated font files to include extra characters
- Added two new options to disable the custom font for either the header and nav, titles and quotes, or both
- Fixed an issue where the sidebar would sometimes overlap the footer when scrolling
- Updated title tags for individual post pages
- Changed tag page links to show most recent posts first
- Added some layout fixes for Opera
- General bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where certain video embeds weren’t showing correctly
- Removed Disqus comments from the Ask and Submit pages
- Changed the date format on posts to show specific date rather than ‘time ago’ format
- Added vertical space between tags when wrapping to multiple lines
- Disqus: Fixed overlapping background image when showing ‘responses’ on index page posts
- Added Disqus support
- Fixed Firefox issue where quote information was not formatted properly
- Fixed issue where Vimeo videos were not loading in IE7. I have had to turn off the Vimeo colour customisation in IE while I find a fix for this.
- When an image/video is too wide for an index page panel, the overflow is now hidden
- Changed layout of small images on index pages so that they don’t scale up
- Fixed notes layout for Audio posts
How do I update my theme?
If you haven’t made any custom HTML changes to the theme, then all updates will automatically be pushed through to you and you don’t need to do anything.
If you have made changes, you will need to update manually. First make a backup of the changes you have made (this is important!). Then follow the instructions shown here. Once the theme has been refreshed you can then re-insert your custom changes.